I attended the “Beyond The Bump” event April 2, 2016 and gave a presentation. Here are the main bullet points from it.
Our Babies, Ourselves
The Impact of Nutrition, Exercise & Stress
By Eileen Stewart, MS, CPM, CNM
Buffalo Midwifery Services
* 80 grams of protein per day
* Eat the rainbow of color in fruits and vegetables
* Start where you are: keep an honest evaluation with a 3 day diet log
* Soda, pop, and sweetened drinks
* Processed foods
* Cookies, cakes, candy, doughnuts, ice cream, and all sweet treats
* White flour and products made with white flour
* White rice and products made with white rice
* Shop for success by keeping it simple to reach your goal
* Keep plenty of healthy choices within reach
* Be careful with supplements
* Cookbook- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
* Juice Plus
Your body needs exercise to maintain proper balance all the way down to the cellular level.
Vital blood chemistry is maintained by circulation of blood.
Heart pumping exercise is essential to good health!
* This means power walking, not strolling!
* Break a sweat
* Bring in lots of Oxygen to keep CO2 from building up
The excess hormones in the body can cause lots of problems in the pregnant body!
* Joint pain
Katy Bowman www.nutritiousmovement.com/pregnancy
The antidote to stress is JOY!
Stress releases a surge of hormones, cortisol and adrenaline
– increases your heart rate and elevates your blood pressure
Cortisol, the primary stress hormone
– increases sugars in the blood stream
– alters immune system responses
– suppresses the digestive system
– complex natural alarm system also communicates with regions of your brain that control mood, motivation and fear
Love/Joy/Laughter = Oxytocin Endorphins
Life provides the Stress
You must plan for the joy!
Take small moments to refresh with simple things
* Warm tea
* Deep breaths
* Calm thoughts
Yoga Nidra for Pregnancy
Yoga Nidra for Pregnancy on YouTube
Also search free Podcasts